Where's the bilge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2010
Catalina 22 home
Here's a newbie question for you. Where do I place a bilge pump in A Catalina 22? And what's the best type to installl? My 1986 New Design seems to have more compartments under the cabin than a a magician's tuxedo. Where's the low point on a Cat 22?

Also, I haven't come across a comprehensive owner's manual other than a small one with no publisher's credit that I got from Catalina Direct. Is there a factory book on this boat that shows things like where the sink drains and answers the bilge pump question?

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
I think that I'd probably put one aft of the cooler-step. There some room in there underneath the cockpit area where the keel cable passes through the hull. The other option would be underneath the sink where the lock down bolt is supposed to go for the front of the keel. Access that through the forward table settee. There are plenty of compartments but only a few lead to the actually inside of the fiberglass hull where the bilge is located. The lowest part of the bilge is around the bigger floor access panel in the cabin walkway.(..if you want to call it that.) but there the bilge is separated by the keel trunk hump.
http://www.catalina22.org/manuals/index.htm but I have a back page on my hard copy of mine that has the rigging measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.