Where to store U shape settee table?

Nov 29, 2015
Catalina 30 tall mast Groton
I see most 30 s have. L shaped settee where the table folds up while underway. The boat I am looking to purchase has a U shaped settee with no fold up provision. Where does the table store during sailing? It seems rather precarious sitting up on the single stand...

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
if it is seated in the sockets properly it is no big deal i was in one in a very severe blow about two years ago and hobby horsing to boot and it stayed put just fine

Oct 5, 2010
Catalina 30 mkII St. Augustine
It stays in place no problem. Got caught in a squall once shipped wittier in the cockpit, but table stayed in place.

image-481692636.jpg

Jul 1, 2004
Catalina 30 Atlanta GA
My 1988 Mark II has the same U shaped table set up and although I might loose some space to stretch my legs with the "L" shaped dinette set up I appreciate the extra storage in the locker below the bulkhead and the bulkhead space to mount a picture or flat screen TV, etc. The table is mounted well onto its metal tubular pedestal and will take a knock. If you need to remove the table to work in that area (engine, holding tank, water pump, etc) simply stand it up on a towel or good cushion in front of the head door or stow it in the quarter berth.

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
I have a MKII and my table isn't going anywhere. Maybe if you were 350lbs and slammed your body into it with a running start...MAYBE.
But, when I work on the engine or need space, I slip it into the little slots and stow the tube. See image:
BoatTable2.jpg