Where to look for Replacement Trailers

Feb 28, 2022
Catalina 22 12482 Champaign-Urbana, IL
Hey all, I'm in the process of evaluating if I should replace my trailer. It is original to my 84 Cat 22, and I always seem to have issues loading and unloading, and since we're gearing up for more traveling this summer, I'm considering an upgrade. While I might still just do upgrades to my trailer, I'm interested in pricing out a "fresh start" trailer with all the conveniences to make it easier, because I'd most likely need to hire someone to do the upgrades to mine.

I'm interested in dealers that sell trailers specific to a swing keel Cat. I'm in eastern Illinois.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
@brockangelo Trail Rite made the OEM for many years and may still make them. If your serious about a replacement though I would ask on the FB Group or email either the Commodore or the Rear Commodore for the Catalina 22 National Sailing Association. I have seen their rigs and they are absolutely amazing. Storage boxes on the front, built in ladder on the guide posts, and double axels that will tow anywhere and be safe doing it. If these guys don't trailer over 5000 mi a year then something is wrong. If I ever need to replace mine in coming years I am going to whoever made theirs for sure. You can find their emails here: https://www.catalina22.org/index.php/leadership/93

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5809.JPG

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Road King is the current manufacturer of C22 trailers delivered from the factory. I bought a new one several years ago. It's nice, although the tongue extension is a little short. Also, Road King's C22 trailers are built with today's lightweight Sport and Capri models in mind, so I paid extra to have the suspension beefed up to 5,000lbs.

But, if I were starting over, I'd at least consider Sail Trailers, in Georgia. They built the trailer for our Albin Vega 27, and they were easier to deal with than Road King. Road King won't sell direct from the factory, so you're stuck dealing with whatever redneck bass-boat dealer who happens to your local source.

Both these manufacturers are also in the deep South, so ...

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
You might contact Mike Spurgeon, Stockton MO. He has manufactured trailers for many years. I have one of his for my Beneteau.

Address: 16135 MO-32,
Stockton, MO 65785

Areas served:
Iowa and nearby areas
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5 PM

Phone: (417) 276-5101

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
Anyone have any recommendations for builders on the west coast? Just in case @Gene Neill decides he'd rather, I don't know, go sailing or something, than tow cross country to visit me. :laugh:

Jun 17, 2017
Com-Pac Eclipse Pensacola, FL
Last October I bought a new galvanized trailer with electric brakes for my 1994 wing keel Cat 22 from Sail Trailers out of Columbus, GA. Great trailer and very good price. Might be worth the drive.