where is your radio??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2010
catalina 22 lake tillery NC
I am looking for ideas as to where to put my radio, I don't like where I have it now"to hard to work" Do you have any pictures? I am talking about am/fm/cd type radio. Thank you all Alan

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 380 16 Rochester NY
Hey Al;

My Cat 22 was a 79 with the pull out galley. I removed the galley and used the space for cushion storage etc.

I built an oak box in the shelf area to hold the VHF and AM/FM Stereo. I got a great deal on a Standard VHF radio through Ebay, it had the setup for a Ram Mic which I wired to the cockpit. A bit silly on a 22 but it did allow me to have a mic in the cockpit if I ever needed it.

The setup wasn't in the way and it was in easy reach from the cockpit. I ran the antenea from the top of the mast.

Good Luck
Chris

Attachments

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
port side

I've had good luck with both of mine on the port side forward in a mounted box. I use a remote to control it from the cockpit, when I'm siting on the starboard side it's aimed at the radio, when I'm on the port side I aim it at the window. The tinted windows reflect the beam well.

The picture is of the stereo in Last Penny it mounts behind the bulkhead, on LoKi the stereo was mounted forward of the bulkhead. Seems to work well for us.

One thing for sure wouldn't have a stereo without the remote. :D

Attachments

Apr 26, 2010
catalina 22 lake tillery NC
Both great ideas I am glad I asked cause I was thinking of hanging it under the power panel and I didn't like that. I plan to move it sunday thanx again guys. Alan

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
I should add

in both boats I epoxied a 1/2" piece of wood that is the length of the brackets. My thoughts were better attached to the board than the liner. Two small screws were used to hold the board in place until the epoxy kicked.

The stereo in LP has been in for 7 years, LoKi not even a year yet but I know the board works well....

Status
Not open for further replies.