Where is the wifi unit?

Jun 13, 2020
Beneteau 37 Oceanis Keyport
According the specs, the used 2014 Beneteau 37 Oceanis should have a wifi unit. If fact, the previous owner had a wifi manual in the collection he gave me. When I power up electronics, the isn't a wifi unit listed on the network. I'm wondering if the boat has one, and so I'm trying to find it.

Does anyone know where they installed the wifi units on those boats?

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Can’t help much other than suggest you download any of a myriad WiFi signal apps on your phone and use it as a finder which will map location.it will show your hotspot location pretty easily.

• Helpful
May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Our boat didn’t come with one, but I added it afterward. Is the manual for a Gofree WiFi-1 device? If so it comes with a small length of Ethernet cable, so I installed it in the nav pod right behind the chart plotter. Seems like a logical place to be so it can plug right into the Ethernet port on the back of the plotter. Even if the unit isn’t there you’ll be able to see if anything is plugged into the plotter’s Ethernet port, and possibly trace it from there. Unless you also have radar the WiFi module should be the only thing on the Ethernet port.

The plotter should have strips on the top and bottom that you can remove (check the manual for the specifics on that). Once the strips are removed you can have access to the screws that hold it in place. Remove those screws and you can get into the nav pod and see what’s there.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
If you haven't found it yet, you might check the area near the electrical control panel. There are a number of Simrad/B&G networking components located in that area on my boat. Some down low, below the nav desk, but one way up near the top, just barely visible when one of the latching cabinet doors is open.