Where is the waterline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2005
Edel 540 NIANTIC, CT
I am still restoring my old 22, and I am getting ready to paint, but the trouble is, that the bootstripe is about 6 inches wide, so I would really like to find out if someone knows dem. from the railing down to the real waterline without having to launch. It is a 22 swing keel/ thanks Jan o

Jun 2, 2004
- - Pennsylvania lake
Try this

My boat is settiing in the driveway being readied for summer launching in two weeks. My boat is a 1987 model and I have noticed it does set very nicely on its lines when at the dock. Two things that will have a little impact on the enclosed mesurements are that I have a 4 hp outboard which only weighs about 55 lbs. and I have moved the battery from the stern to under the v-berth. Using a standard metal retractable rule I measured from the bottom of the rub rail to the water line and used the lifeline stantions as points of referance. Starting at the bow, measureing down the front point and bending the rule the measurement is 38 inches. Moving back from the bow to the first stantion and measuring vertically down the center line of the stantion post it"s 28.5 inches. The measurement at the next stantion at the rear of the cabin is 25.75 inches. The next mesurement is at the base of the front mount of the stern pulpit, at 27.125 inches. All of these mesurements were preformed by bending the rule around the shape of the hull and starting from the bottom of the rub rail. The last measurement is across the back of the stern which is 24 inches wide or 12 inches from a center point straight down from your rudder gudgens.

Oct 16, 2005
Edel 540 NIANTIC, CT
TX SO MUCH

HI, AND TX SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT. I WAS GETTING WORRIED, THAT I WOULD HAVE TO LAUNCH THE BOAT BEFORE PAINTING. MU PROJECT IS REALLY COMMING ALONG NICE, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO BE IN THE LONG ISLAND SOUND BEFORE LONG. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN.. JAN OLESEN

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Waterline

Hi, I am going to have to do some adjustments. My waterline stripes and my actual waterline donm't match up. I think that with no one in the boat, the boat sits low in the back by about 1 1/2" . Som much that I even looked around for water inside the stern the other day. The bow line rides high by about the same amount though. I think that it's a combination of the battery in it's factory location, the Yamaha 6hp on the stern and the keel cranked up so that it clears the bottom. (The dock depth is about 4') I figure that with the keel up, the center of weight shifts back a few feet. I don't have much in the baot that would weigh it down in the stern. I do have about 5 gallons of water which is basically in the bow tanks for the port-a-potty and the sink. hmmmm. ~Bilbo N.E. Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.