Where install battery charger C25?

Jun 11, 2020
Hunter 29.5 Northport
Wondering where the best spot is to mount the battery charger on a C25. Any suggestions/advice?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
We had #4981, a 1981 C25, but that was over 20 years ago. My PO rigged up a stupid system, so I won't bore you with the horrible details. If your batteries are in the regular "box", then somewhere close. I'll betcha THESE skippers would know much more specifically, and if you haven't yet, please get to know them, in addition to this fine group

You'll also need a shorepower inlet.

Good luck.

Jan 1, 2021
Catalina 25 1030 Las Vegas Boat Harbour
We use a small solar panel that makes 5w to keep the batteries on a trickle charge. the panel just lays on the starboard cockpit seat and lounges in the sun all day. Haven't had an issue with low batteries so far. And no need to upgrade any electrical for shore power.

***Edit*** The solar panel decided to give up the ghost. I just ran an extension cord from the shore power post, up the starboard bow line, down the deck and into the cabin though the gab that is created when the companion way boards are up and the hatch is slid closed. Works great, and keeps the connections dry. We have 2 batteries total one on port, one starboard.

Attachments

Last edited:
May 25, 2019
Catalina Capri 25 Mooresville NC
My Capri 25 came with a charger. The battery is located in front of the water tank. The charger is located just aft of the cabin doorway. If you’re inside the cabin looking aft move all the way to your left. You should be able to see down under the cockpit seats to the transom. You’ll see plenty of bulkheads to install a charger. The previous owner ran wires to the very rear of the cockpit and drilled a hole under the seat for the shoreline plug.