Wheel steering for 26.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Hirschi

Can anyone tell me if there is a pedestal wheel kit available for the 26.5, and if so, how difficuly is it to install?

E

ed

doubtful - steering wheel.

have a 26.5 - thought briefly of doing the same but finding a suitable hardware package difficult and to install without major basic changes. also cockpit would seem to have made too small. have you small u-shaped attachment to your boom fixed with a rivetted holdinding plate to the underside of your boom. the u-shape has snapped out a couple of times the last two weeks causing the boom-vang to pull off and be inoperable. once once a none-too-extreme jibe, the other when falling off onto a close reach. moderate winds. we are looking for a more satisfactory boom vang attachment. do you have the same, if not what is yours or any idea or xperience of better than we have. looking forward to hearing from you. ed.

D

David

Ed

Ed, I was enquiring about the wheel steering in consideration of making a purchase of a 26.5. After viewing the boat again today, and considering the info obtained here, I have decided not to purchase the boat. Sorry I can't help with the boom vang question.

Status
Not open for further replies.