Whats Next

May 11, 2005
Seidelman S37 Slidell, La.
It Finally Happened. Snow In New Orleans This Morning. Nothing On The Ground Here, But Pretty Heavy Flurries For A Couple Of Hours. Melting As Soon As It Hits. But What Is Next, Hell Freezing Over. Or Is This Just A Product Of Global Warming.

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
It's not commonly known but ice ages are actually global warming events. Average global temperature goes up but so do the extremes. After all, Alaska and Hawaii have the same average temperature at this point. All that moisture from the warming ends up at the poles. In the early stages, the pole ice melts as it is doing now.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
My sister-in-law said it snowed in Baton Rouge this morning and that they have pictures of foot tracks in the snow to prove it. She did say that it would be gone by tonight.. Been raining here all day but itis expected to freeze tonight. The north facing slopes will have ice on the roads by morning. There is gonna be a bunch of bent sheet metal by Saturday.

May 17, 2004
O Day 26 North Coast (Lake Erie)
Your snow flakes are better for your area than rain maybe? Our snowflakes here in Ohio have turned to rain and one year ago out city was flooded because of heavy rain in December. The world is stressed by weather and we have to be patient I guess.

Jul 24, 2005
MacGregor Mac26D Richardson, TX; Dana Point, CA
Only Politicians are allowed to tell you that Freezing your Bohunkus off is a global warming event... :>

--jerry

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
And here on the south shore of Lake Ontario we have only a dusting on the ground right now.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Higgs, Wait until morning! ;-)

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
It looks like the storm could slide just south of us, which often happens around Olcott. We do get hit, but nothing like south of here. Often they get snow 10 miles south and we do not. We will see what happens.

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
Ross - according to NOAA, who we know is always right, were not supposed to get any significant precipitation through Saturday.

Mar 28, 2007
Hunter 33' Cherubini Biloxi Back Bay,MS
*Let it Snow* Let it Snow *Let it Snow*

I guess I have to be more careful with the phrase..."Yeah I"ll do that ...When Hell freezes over.."

It was beautiful to see yesterday and it was Hayden's only Christmas wish to Santa this year..was to have snow in Mississippi.

Everyonne have a Blessed quiet Christmas and a good start to the New Year

Last edited:

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
What is next?

Cats and Dogs living together as couples...

That is what is next!

Mar 21, 2004
Hunter 356 Cobb Island, MD
Re: What is next?

About time you guys down south got a little bit of what we have to contend with...

Oct 10, 2006
Oday 222 Mt. Pleasant, SC
It's not commonly known but ice ages are actually global warming events. Average global temperature goes up but so do the extremes. After all, Alaska and Hawaii have the same average temperature at this point. All that moisture from the warming ends up at the poles. In the early stages, the pole ice melts as it is doing now.
So all these years of warming must have been a global cooling event... Sounds like the "scientists" are grasping at straws.

Jun 7, 2007
Pearson- 323- Mobile,Al
Methinks Roger Long has a skewed concept of global warming!!!!! There will always be isolated weather events but long term trends are what affects the climate. Note that climate is different than day to day weather. The climate is getting warmer but the weather will always be colder some days. I remember growing up in Tennessee back in the 60's and we were often out of school for a month at a time due to snow storms. There hasn't been a big winter storm there since the blizzard of 93... The ski resorts in North Carolina are having a hard time making snow as it is too warm most nights. Weather is varible and we might get a big storm this year but the trend is warmer weather. The more troubling trend is drier weather. Alabama has been suffering greatly from drought conditions the last few years.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I recall- in '72/73 I think it was- the family drove from Maryland to New Orleans. I bought snow tires before I left, but didn't have them mounted so as to save the wear and tear on them. Woke up in Birmingham to flurries and radio reports that New Orleans was having the first snow in 20 years, and there were oodles of car accidents aleardy. Managed to slide up over the bridge on Ponchertrain, then in to N.O. where the grass wasn't even covered. The kids were having a ball in the snow!