What's in your cockpit?

Sep 30, 2009
Catalina Capri 22 (loved my old C-22) NorCal
Obviously, if it's in your cockpit, it's not in your wallet.

I've been following the "Singlehanding a Capri" thread which has a lot of great ideas for going solo. Want to start a new thread as a compilation of good ideas for managing things in the cockpit. For example, tiller control, winches, cross-sheeting, traveler setups, reefing, vangs, instruments, the all-important beverage restraint systems, etc. Kudos to Kunzig for the great idea. ;)

Kunzig said:
We should All take photos of our cockpits so we can see all the gizmos that folks have come up with.
Photos encouraged!!!

Kunzig

Jul 3, 2013
Ok, I'll bite.
I guess I better, those were my words.
First photo is a mod I did to run the gas line out.
Second a photo of single handing with an invisible tiller tamer. You can also see port side where the PO added pulley and cleat to run the jib sheets. Works nice if winds are under 8 knots ( I only have a 110 jib ).

Attachments

Jul 2, 2013
Here's a pic of the Tiller Clutch. Single best upgrade I made last year. I had a tiller tamer before which I rarely used because of the friction even when loose. This clutch is much faster to click on and off. When I'm not using it, I secure the lines to the tiller with a bungee.

In the next few weekend I plan on adding some cleats for cross sheeting further back in the cockpit. Similar idea to what was done on your boat Kunzig, but I'll use the winch as my turning block with an extra wrap of two around it depending on the wind. I got pretty good at lassoing the sheets around the winch from the lee side last year. My main reason for adding the cleats further back are to free up seating space forward. The last pic kinda shows what I'm thinking.

Attachments

Sep 30, 2009
Catalina Capri 22 (loved my old C-22) NorCal
Kunzig, What blocks did your PO install for the cross sheeting? Also, do you have a closeup showing the location of the cleats for the Tiller Tamer? I've got one sitting in my bag waiting to install, unless I breakdown for the Tiller Clutch.