What's everyone doing for the weekend?

• Thread starter LaDonna Bubak - Catalina Owners
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaDonna Bubak - Catalina Owners

Rob & I are heading up to Whidbey Island for the Westsail Rendezvous (so what if we'll be on a Crealock 37 - same designer, right?). My fingers are crossed that it won't rain the *entire* weekend but I'm not holding my breath. So what are your plans? LaDonna

G

Greg Stebbins

New old boat stuff probably

Sailing around Lake Texoma (Well it's BIG to us!) Couple of nights on the boat making lists and looking in nooks and crannys. Maybe bring it into a friends cove (this is Ol' H. Ross's cove)for a night. If the old rigging and wheel steering doesn't drive me over the edge, it'll be fun.

S

Sean

Windy

Ladonna, The winds are blowing about 15 knots out of the south right now and the forcast is for more of the same. Only occcasional light drizzle is forcast with temperatures in the high 60's. Some sun breaks. Looks like you are in for some great downwind sailing. Sean s/v Carnaby Street

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Catalina Is. - but the week after!

I'll be on land for the long weekend, but the weekend after I'm doing an owner rendezvous on Catalina Island with the folks from Voyager Marine. The skipper will be none other than Jim Bohart!

S

steven f.

hi hoe, hi hoe, its off to work (again) I go.

Oh well, the holiday weekends are too hectic on the H20 anyway. Do most of my sailing during the week. Night and weekend shifts are fantastic for a weekday sailor!!

G

Gerald Davies

Labor Day Weekend

My wife and I are taking our 1988 H30' Defender, to Pelican cove on Santa Cruz Island 25 miles off the Ventura coast in CA. We plan a 4/5 hr motor /sail, find a good spot and after putting the hook down, it's a cold one and a good time. (thats the plan anyway). have a good weekend, g

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Off to Cheabegue Island

If I can get our engine running again, we're off to Cheabeagu Island in Casco Bay. Anyone from the area going to be out? We'll be in Chandler Cove on the east side of litte Cheabeague. Lobster on the beach, fresh mussels, keg of Guiness. Everyone welcome Justin

D

Doug Margison

If it stops raining...

my wife and I will sail our '90 H30 up to Smugglers Cove about a 20 nm sail N.W of Vancouver. It's a gorgeous sheltered cove on the Sunshine Coast (BC Canada) with a lot of little islands. Great place to gunk hole. Yeh right "sunshine".. rain is forcast at least until Sunday. Doug, sv Mokum II

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Same place I go every weekend.

We are headed to the Delta for the weekend. Have a BIG BBQ planned. Locals from the marina for pot luck dinner. Have two friends comming from our home town. My wifes niece and her girl friend and my daughter is going to be there too. The marina owners are bringing in a BIG cooker and a couple of picnic tables. Doesn't look like it is going to be very warm, but who cares. No yard work no phones, just sails, suds and sunshine. Don't get much better than that (does it?).

B

Bob Camarena

Going to the Bay

We have our boat in SF Bay for a couple of months. We both have a 4-day weekend so we're meeting our daughter and son-in-law at the boat.

B

Bob Sawyer

Present plans are to sail out of Greenwich Bay to Narragansett Bay, under Jamestown Bridge, anchor and explore a deserted island with old WW II gun enplacements, return via East Bay past Newport and under Newport Bridge, anchor and dine in Potter's Cove (Prudent's Island) and return to Apponaug before dark. Have a great weekend everyone!! Bob

C

Colin

No this but next

Bringing my 335 back from Manitoulin Island to Burlington. Eight hour drive and ferry ride to boat. head West out of Little Current arround the top of Georgian Bay, through between the Bruce Penninsula and Manitoulin Island, South down Lake Huron, through the St Claire River, Lake St Claire and Detroit River to Windsor for an overnight stop. Out onto Lake Erie and head West through the fishing nets to Port Colborne and the Welland Canal. Once we leave the Welland Canal (takes about 10 hours to go through)short hop of about 15 miles over to Burlington. Whole trip should take about 6 days depending on weather and how comfortable we get in any bars visited.

J

John

Local Festivals

As much as we'd like to be out sailing, we are going to be landlubbers instead. But...there is a great Seafood festival in Westport and Harbor Days in Olympia. At least we can be close to the water...And, who knows...might be able to steal an hour or two to do a little puttering on the boat. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.