What's behind the medicine cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2007
Catalina 310 Middle River, MD
The port side gate stanchion on my C-310 is bent and needs to be replaced. The stanchion is supposedly bolted through the deck and a backing plate under the deck. So, the problem is how to access the backing plate and nuts. The stanchion is located next to the head, so access would be somewhere behind the medicine cabinet. Could I be so lucky as to just remove the medicine cabinet and find everything exposed? Or is there a liner back there? So...

Has anybody replaced a gate stanchion and, if so, how did you access the underside?

If not, has anybody been behind the medicine cabinet ?

HWeller
Coral Islander C-310, #199

Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA
The port side gate stanchion on my C-310 is bent and needs to be replaced. The stanchion is supposedly bolted through the deck and a backing plate under the deck. So, the problem is how to access the backing plate and nuts. The stanchion is located next to the head, so access would be somewhere behind the medicine cabinet. Could I be so lucky as to just remove the medicine cabinet and find everything exposed? Or is there a liner back there? So...

Has anybody replaced a gate stanchion and, if so, how did you access the underside?

If not, has anybody been behind the medicine cabinet ?

HWeller
Coral Islander C-310, #199
another 310 in Middle River, nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.