what would you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2010
catalina 22 lake tillery NC
What would you pay for a 1989 cat.22 with wing keel, alot of extras, 6 hp 4 stroke, and nice trailer ??? I have seen blue book and looked on the web ALOT.Just wondering. Alan

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Where's the boat now and where is it going? Trailer condition? Wazza lotta extras mean?

Apr 26, 2010
trailer has brand new axle and tires not a salt water trailer I would tow it anywhere, boat is in central NC. All lines led aft, spinnaker and pole, jiffy reef, am/fm/cd, 4 speakers. solar CHARGER, main and jib, pop top with canvos used once, boom tent used once, life jackets, throw pillows, all safty stuff.

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 PA
Here's what I got.

I recently sold a '75 C22 which needed rewired, with a single axle trailer in decent shape, equipped with the following... for $3400

CDI roller furler with 150% genoa
All lines led aft
9.9 HP 2 stroke
whisker pole
necessary incidentals such as throwable cushions, pfd's, anchor, dock lines and fenders

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
Problem; what we might pay is not going to be the same as what you might pay.
Question is; Is the asking price what YOU might be willing to pay.

Is the boat worth the asking price. (Is it in the window of what the boat is truly worth) Most owners believe their boat is worth way more than it truly is.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2010
Catalina 30 Seabrook, TX
Your market area may, and will be different, than my market area. Comapre it to other boats of similar size and type. What are they going for? Last of all, is it what YOU want and are willing to pay. You have to live with your decisions. Lastly, be prepared to find a better deal the day after you buy one. :)

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Condition is important as is also the seller's need to sell.
Check it over well, pay the least you can.
but If it's a good boat with lots of perks, don't hesitate to pay a bit more.

Apr 26, 2010
I am not looking to buy it's my boat I am thinking of selling, $1,600 a year for about 4 times worth of sailing is what I am up against. I trailered it for a few years and found it to be more work for 1 day than I wanted so I decided to dock it however our lake is not very sailor friendly. So I guess I am asking myself, "do I trailor again or sell"? My lease is up in june 2011 and I hear they may up the rent. To me a boat sitting on a trailer not doing anything is no good. Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.