what kind of trailor

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jerry

I am trying to arrange for my 1984 retractable keel boat to be moved since I dont have a trailor. I have been asked what kind of trailor is required - Can anyone suggest appropriate kind?

B

Brad

A rather vague question, but.....

you could probably get by with a trailer with bunks, the right lenght, that will carry the weight....maybe about 3,000lbs. Ideally, you'd want a trailer build for a Cat 22 -- but that's too obvious an answer. I'd say the further you are hauling it, the better the fit needs to be, hence the comment regarding a trailer build for the Cat (I think the vast majority came with TrailRite trailers out of the factory. B

S

Steve

Trailer for a retractable keel

Jerry, look on the internet for a company by the name of Load-Rite. I believe the site is WWW.Load-Rite.com. That is what I use for my Catalina 22. I dont know if it came with the boat or not since the boat was used.

K

ken

trailrite

Brad is right about the weight and the make of trailer.You will need a trailer in which you can rest the keel down into.I have the same boat as you and pulled it from Ok.to Oh.The trailrite with buddy bearing did a great job. Good luck, Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.