What is the Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Found on a Boat

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I found the cord foam you use to seal gaps between windows and framing in houses glued to one of my hatches as a hatch seal. It didn’t work well.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
I found instructions for a vibrator under my house battery last year, not so sure if that's a common boat find or not?
You need a nice Westerbeke. Not only will it vibrate your back teeth out, it'll get you where you want to go at the same time.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Also found plumbing tape on almost all the propane gas line connectors.
Yes, we had to take it all apart and install with the correct tape. All good now!
Tape or pipe dope is not required on the gas fittings as they are all compression fittings. It is possible for the tape to cause gas leaks due to the tape interfering with the tapered seal or preventing the fitting from fully seating into the female fitting.

There is a special tape for gas connections, it's like the teflon pipe tape but it's yellow.
It is actually PTFE tape, but no one calls it that. The yellow gas pipe tape is a thicker tape than the standard white PTFE tape. It is yellow to make it easier to identify. It is OK to use yellow tape on water pipes, but not OK to use white tape on gas pipes.

PTFE tape or pipe dope is only required on pipe joints using tapered threads as the the threads are the sealing surface. Straight Threads and compression fittings do not need either.

• Helpful

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
A naked woman. We were at a club raft up and my wife and I had been boat hopping. It was well after dark when we got back to our boat and there she was, passed out on the settee. I put out the call to see who was missing crew and her husband/boyfriend came over and got her. They never came back to a club event.

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
At the end of season clean out, we found an empty one hitter container, no pipe, no pot. Never did figure out which guest was too high to remember where they left it.