what does my boat weigh?...anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2007
- - san diego
hi gang. still trying to figure out how to get my s2 to hawaii. we seem to have determined it is an s2 8.0. given that info, any ideas on the what the boat weighs out of water? also, specific dimensions, i.e., height from bottom of keel to top of cockpit, width, and exact length (26 feet, right?) thanks mucho, sven

D

Dave

8.0B Specs

SPECIFICATIONS L.O.A.26'0" L.W.L. 21'5"  Beam8'0" Deep Draft 4'0" Shoal Draft 2'6" Displacement 4600 lbs. Ballast 1800 lbs. Sail Area282 sq. ft. Main 119 sq. ft. 80% Jib 117 sq. ft. 140% Genoa 244 sq. ft. Spinnaker 641 sq. ft. Headroom 6'0" Berths 5 PRODUCTION 1976-1983 - 426 Hulls

Mar 23, 2007
Hunter 310 Boulder Marina, Carlyle Lake
Your 8.0B

Hi Sven, I see from the photo, you have an outboard motor, which should cut down on the dry weight of the boat, said to be 4600 lbs. We have an 8.0B with swing keel. The specs say the top of the mast is 35 ft. from the water line, and just about 30 ft from the deck. So, that leaves 5 ft. from the cabin top to the waterline. You didn't say if you have a swing keel or deep keel. The draft on the swing keel is 2'-6", giving you a total of 7'-6". The draft deep draft is 4"-0" making it 9'-0" high. Of course these are specs and the actual measurements could be different. While I haven't actually put a tape measure on my boat to verify these numbers I think I would add to it for shipping dimensions. You will also have to ship the mast. Will that be on top of the boat or under it? When trailering ours, the mast is on top, adding to the height. Hope this helps, LeRoy

Status
Not open for further replies.