What did Santa bring you from the Chandlery?

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Santa figured it out again this year!

We own a boat and, as you all know, you ALWAYS can buy SOMETHING for your boat. So I could never comprehend how I could be hard to shop for.

My Wife got me:
- Very nice 18 x 24 framed photo of the sunset over Boston (attached for your viewing pleasure).
- Tee shirt embroidered with a sailboat, our boats name and home port
- Zip up fleece likewise embroidered.

That was on top of a thank you gift from the new owner of my old boat for all my help this year. A WM gift certificate that I turned into a raw water alarm (on sale at WM for half off) and a nice barometer for the bulkhead. Plus the new pedestal guard that I bought on sale per our initial discussions when we both said we really didn't need anything. I said all I wanted was the new guard so I could move my chart plotter to the wheel from the coaming.

So, all in all it was a good Christmas boat-wise. :dance:

Did anyone else get some nice stuff for Xmas?

Happy Holidays to all,

BobM

Attachments

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
I got a liquid soap dispencer. My wife found it on sale at Kohls. It fits and looks nice.

JerryA

Attachments

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
The soap dispenser is a great idea. There are a couple of bins at the front of my galley, but they aren't very useful storage.

Bob

dmc

Jan 29, 2007
Hunter Cheribini Lk. St. Clair MI
An instruction book..........

to go with my new 440s Garmin. Can't wait to try it out.

Peace

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
Re: An instruction book..........

I've had a boat bag for twenty something years. I have just one, so I guess the kid decided it was time to get me something to carry "stuff" back and forth from the boat. She got me a plastic folding box with a handle like a suitcase that extends and the box has wheels that it rolls on. The whole thing folds up to about the size of a large lap top. I gave it a ten and almost shed a tear. I did shed a tear when my father-in- law gave me his 1970 something Simpson 260 series multimeter. He also gave me a quick lesson as to how to use it. It was a good Christmas for me. I'd much rather give than receive. My little quirk.

Keep it up,
Ctskip

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Ctskip,

You got a Simpson 260! Does it have the reset button on the front? I still find an analog meter more useful for troubleshooting.

JerryA

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
Jerry,
Yes it's a 260 series 6XLP with a reset button on the front. In a nice hard leather case.
I'm new with this item and don't know a bunch about it. I was told it is a very expensive piece back in the day. I do know it has more switches and dials than I'll ever need. Maybe I'll find someone close by that can decipher the thing for me. I'll keep plugging away at it .

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Ctskip,

We used these in vocational school back in the 70's. The reset button is especially handy when you're learning how NOT to use a meter. :) I think it has two batteries in it for the ohm ranges, one is an oddball if I remember correctly. Very good peice of equipment in it's day. I'm jealous, my last good analog meter died 10 years ago. I still have an inexpensive one, but it's just not the same.

Enjoy,

JerryA

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 46 Georgetown YB
Bowditch Bicentennial Edition. My eyes had gotten blurry from reading it online!

Mar 28, 2007
Hunter 33' Cherubini Biloxi Back Bay,MS
Santa Baby

bought me a nice dinghy and motor for it before Christmas, but he was nice enough to leave a few other sailing goodies from West Marine as well. But my favorite... he also left a nice set of Pussers rum glasses in our cockpit on behalf of our slipmates at the dock....to hold my painkiller drinks in (thank you Randy and Marilou). My husband and I are still fighting over who gets which glass...I have dibs on the one that says.."But the standing toast, that pleased the most was the wind that blows, the ship that goes and the lass that loved a sailor..."
M I N E

Happy New Year all.

Last edited: