What Batteries Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard

The manufactuer's overall dimensions for batteries seem to exclude handles and various overhangs. I'm hoping to avoid trial and error. What's the most amp hours anyone has been able to fit in the 311 battery bank in front of the engine for AGM's? Let me know the manufacturer if you were able to get in more than a pair of group 24's.

Jun 2, 2004
Beneteau 311 Huntsville/Mobile AL
Two 4D's on a 311

The dealer put one 4D in the two battery trays in front of the Yanmar on my boat and another on a shelf in the starboard cockpit locker. Each is equipped with a separate switch to connect with the DC bus. I keep them both connected in the slip with the AC battery charger operating. The only "cold boat" draw is the 12v. refrigerator. Be sure that the connections in the cockpit locker are covered. You don't want a boat hook or metal flashlight to short things out. I believe this is required by the ABYC rules anyway. Also be sure that the AC charger is set up to monitor and charge AGM batteries, not the wet cell 24's.

R

Richard

Thanks Dr. Bob!

Just what I needed to know. I appreciate your advice.

T

Tom

Richard - How is No Problem?

Richard, Great idea to upgrade the batteries on No Problem. I would have done that too if I keep her longer. It is always good to have more power. I am busy getting No Problem II ready for the Spring. I had a dodger added. Looking forward to not getting wet on the rainy days. Will you be coming to the Beneteau Rendevous in June in Solomons? Sue and I will be coming. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Tom

R

Richard

Tom, No Problem is a Peach

Tom, my first season with No Problem was terrific. I can't wait to get her back in the water. We're supposed to splash her sometime between April 1 and 15. One member of my little crew "requires" a dvd player to operate at anchor...so I'm beefing up the battery. In addition to a 4D in front of the engine, I'm putting in a dedicated Group 24 in the starboard locker for starting. I'm not officially attending the Rendezvous, but I'm leaving from Baltimore around the 4th for a Delmarva circumnavigation (clockwise), which will put us just off of Solomon's during that weekend. There's a good chance I'll stop in, and I'll look for you. I'd love to see your new boat. Hey, when you're ready to move up to the 47 footer, give me a call about No Problem II. Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.