were can hard water tanks go in 26x

• Thread starter rick joyal "Lake Effect"
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rick joyal "Lake Effect"

we have a new 26x and the water blatters that came on board dont seem to last very long. i would like to put in a larger tank for extended trips, but can not seem to find a hard tank that will fit. i will be adding a pressure pump and new fixture and using the one tank for both head and galley. any successes?

D

dan

RV Land!

Hi Rick The places I am looking at are under the cooler, under the table seat and the forward port side storage access. Already used the stern port side access for (2) batteries and electrical panel. The RV stores have access to ALL kinds of tanks in their catalogues. Lets get some input from the RV Sailers out there that have completed this PROJECT! happy flushing........dan

D

dan

RV Salvage Yard

Hi Rick........ Found tanks of every size immaginable in an RV salvage yard(fresh water.......obviously). Nice selection of grey water and black for your marine head to! happy hunting!......dan

M

Mike

Type of pump

I have always removed or modified possitive pressure, demand pumps from any boat I have owned. I won't stay hooked up to dock water either. In other words I avoid a permanently pressurized water system at all costs. A leak in the system can put all that water in your bilge or if your hooked up to dock water, can totally flood your boat. Instead of having to carry all that extra weight, try a water filtration and purification system. A small unit may provide limited water but your less apt to upset the balance of your boat. Just someting else to look at. You may also have to install a holding tank, depending on local laws which may prevent you from dumping used water overboard. Happy Sailing, Mike

D

dan

Add a Bilge Pump

Hi Rick again....... I have added bilge pump under the ice box (lowest hull point) for taking on water from rain or waves. Works good for bilge spills also. Should be standard issue on ALL boats for safety I am also going to add a portapotty bottom tank vent(1"flex pipe). Out the hull 12"to 18" above water line with ball valve and 1" bilge pump fitting. Will cut down on odor and the potty blowing up in your face on a 90F day! Wish I had a REAL head and tank for those long weekends and vacation sailing. Would make convincing my first mate that sailing is FUN! Most of the parts are at your local hardware store. Visit West Marine at your wallets risk! happy plumbing......dan

F

Flip

Flex tanks

I put a 13 gal flexable tank from west marine in the forward storage compartment. I put another one under the cooler for the marine head. I put the head holding tank against the forward bulkhead opposite the water tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.