Well so far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Have identified every thing except ? Now off to find the water intake valve. paulj

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I'm sure MaineSail will help with that

but don't you have a manual for the boat from Catalina? If not, where can you find one on the web?

MarkZ

Nov 5, 2005
Hunter 49 Green Turtle Bay: Ky
It's a buzzer...

PaulJ, That black thing is the warning buzzer that sounds if the engine gets too hot, and when the oil pressure gets too low. You should hear it buz when you turn on the key, and it should stop buzzing after you start the engine. The switch hanging from the bottom isn't for the bilge pump. It operates the blower for the engine compartment.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Paul the switch...

Labeled "bilge pump" is in fact the bilge blower. It's purpose is to suck potentially explosive fumes out of the boat something that is virtually a non issue with a diesel engine. I use mine mostly to keep a good air flow in the engine compartment as it can get warm in there..

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Paul, your earlier post mentioned you HAD

the owner's manual. Now I'm confused, isn't that information in that manual?

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Thanks

Thanks everybody.....just got back from the boat... after turning the key I'm now familar with all the sounds and lights. Does anyone have a Catalina manual with this information? Maybe I have a few pages missing. paulj

Status
Not open for further replies.