Well I finally did my fuel system

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chip Willis

maintenance and now I could use some help. I replaced the fuel filter on my XP25 which is in my C-30 1983 and also some fuel lines. I also re-built the water separator, put in a new filter and fixed the pet cock and of course cleaned it. I put it back together and now no diesel fuel will not come out of the water separator. I took it back out and checked it out and it does seem fine and the filter is in righ side up however I noticed there was air in the water separator along with diesel fuel when I was drainng it, the diesel did not come out easily because of the air. Is there any special way to bleed this or just turn on the ignition and use the electric fuel pump to help bleed out the air? Thanks Chip

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Vent(s)

Chip There's a vent on the top of the water separator/filter housing, or should be. However, just running your electric fuel pump should purge all the air out of the system, without having to crack that vent. Try cracking it (need to unscrew it all the way, and then put back in finger tight and HOLD it while the electric pump runs) You need to also OPEN the vent on the secondary fuel filter on top of that housing until air stops coming out, or else you'll never bleed the engine. Check the link for pictures. Stu

C

Chip Willis

My water separator was probably

put on by Catalina in 1983. It has no vent at top (picture included) but I will vent it through the petcock at the bottom or take the out hose off till some fuel comes out. Tomorrow I will be at it again. Thanks for the links. Chip

C

Chip Willis

Well I called the mechanic,

tried filing the fuel line form the tank t the fuel pump and the pump clicks but does not pump out any fuel and if I put fuel in the line that runs out of the fuel pump then the fuel is squirted out of the line. So I am guessing the pump is OK. Any way I have done all I can so I put in the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.