Welcome to the LOHSA forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
Welcome to the new Lake Ontario Hunter Sailing Association forum. I hope all will take advantage of this new method of communication within our association. This will keep our thoughts on sailing throughout the long winter months in our area. It will also keep us in touch with one another during the sailing season. This forum would be an excellent place for all of us to introduce ourselves, making it possible to put a face to the boat name. Tell us about your boat. What type of sailing do you do? What is your home port? Have you made changes in your Hunter? What do you do in your spare time other then sail? What type of work do you do? The list is practically endless. A question has been placed on the LOHSA website. Should we keep having two rendezvous'? Lake Ontario is too large for some of us to make it to Port Credit and/or Sodus Bay. This year we saw a record number of Hunters at Port Credit, and less than a dozen at Sodus Bay. Preparing for a rendezvous is a huge task. Thank goodness for Angus Yachts of Toronto and RCR Yachts. They played the major roll in programs and activities for the rendezvous. What are your thoughts? Should we continue having 2 rendezvous' a year? Have you seen the new look on our website at www.lohsa.com? The "Frames" style has been replaced with fully loading pages. This may take a little more time to load on your PC, but the advantage is having more space for content. There is a new page for What's New. Tell me what you think. Suggestions are welcome (and necessary). Well, this should be enough to get you started. Please use this forum often. Our thanks go to our Website and Forum Host, SailboatOwners.com. Phil Herring has really stepped up to the plate to help LOHSA. Thanks Phil :)

Nov 20, 2005
Hunter 356 Sabbatical
Great opportunity for us.

Thanks, Ken, for providing this opportunity for discussion. As you may remember, I am in favor of two rendezvous's per season. The small turnout in Sodus was disappointing but Annette and I still enjoyed the sessions and the fellowship. Having said that, our plans for the summer of '06 will carry us out of the lake and into Georgian Bay. We would thus miss any July or August date. Currently, we are in the barn for the winter with electronic challenges to meet for the next season. We were damaged by a voltage surge (lightning). I waited until the end of the season to deal with the things that we could do without or work around and still sail. The remaining list includes a faulty speaker on the remote mike, a non-functioning circuit on the wind machine (starboard wind directions don't read), non-functioning seatalk circuit in the autopilot, and a non-functioning knotmeter transducer.

Dec 3, 2003
None None Rochester, NY
I also enjoyed Sodus

I also enjoyed the Sodus Bay Rendezvous this year. But like yourself, I might want to do some cruising outside of Lake Ontario in 2006. That would make any rendezvous after June impossible to attend. Too bad about the lightning strike. It looks like it did a number on your electronic communications (unit to unit). What are your plans to repair?

Nov 20, 2005
Hunter 356 Sabbatical
Repair plans

At the moment, I'm engaged in some other projects. I will send some of the units to Raymarine for diagnosis and repair/replacement. The transducer can be replaced. I'm just looking for the least cost alternative. I have not explored any options on the microphone but will probably call the company for advice. Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.