weight of boat and trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Repp

Could someone tell me approx how much a Mac 25 (1976) weighs including the trailer. My wife and I have just been given one by her father and I want to make sure I can tow it with my explorer. He says it weighs around 2000 pounds but I would like to be sure Thanks Bob

E

Eric

2100 lbs.

Bob: According to their sales brochure, the Mac 25 weighs 2100 pounds. Eric

B

Bob

Mac trailer tongue weight

When I got my 1974 the trailer balance was very light on the hitch so there was a lot of sway sensitivity. Also, I found it necessary to back my GMC van into the water to launch. I solved both problems by removing the hitch, cutting off the end cap, and sliding a 4 foot length of square steel with a new hitch inside. Then I drilled a bolt hole through both tubes. Then I extended the sleeved tube allowing about a foot inside for strength and drilled a second hole in the inner tube. Now when I get to the launch site I remove the lock bolt, slide the sleeved hitch-tube out to the end hole, reinsert the lock bolt and now the boat is WAY back there. The weight of the new tube balances the thing nicely. I'd show pictures but I'm not having much success with this computer yet. griffinaero@yahoo.com

B

Bob

Trailer balance

I wrote above and now you can see the mod at community.webshots.com/web pages/webshots community/user pages/griffinaero2/Venture

Status
Not open for further replies.