Weight centerpoint ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kim

I'm building a lift and need to know the weight centerpoint (bow to stern) of a 26X so I can space the piling a the proper locations. I have a Honda 50 hp that weighs 200lbs on the stern. Thanks, Kim K.

F

Frank

Tough Question

Kim, Your question is tough for several reasons. First, it's not completely clear to me what you are trying to build. Second, if you are trying to built a hoist to lift your boat from the water, it's so rare that very few can probably answer it. Finally, even if I knew the answer for my boat, it's unlikely to be correct for your boat. Can you trailer to a marina with hoist? They could strap your boat front and rear and do some test lifting. If I were to guess, I'd test the aft cabin bulkhead for the fore-to-aft balance point.

K

Kim

Centerpoint for cradle

The centerpoint of the weight of the boat is suppose to be in the center of the cradle. From this point I will know how far back from the main pier to set the four piling which will hold the cradle. The bow will be facing the main pier. There is also a finger pier beside the boat. Thanks for your thoughts, Kim K.

K

Kim

15' from Bow

14' to 15' from the bow is the balance point for the 26X. This was answered for me my Mike Inmon. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.