Weight at the forward of the Legend 37.5

Oct 20, 2017
Hunter Legend 37.5 langkawi
Hi Sailors and Hunter owners,
I am preparing my Legend for off shore cruising and noticed some issues, especially at the forward section. i have upgraded my Bruce 15kg anchor to a mantus 25kg and currently chain and rope rode. Noticed the forward ( bow) appears to sink more.
i also intend to add more chain , but feel that would sink her bow even more. currently forward V berth modified to store room and sail locker.
Appreciate any advise to overcome this. What if any modifications have been done.
I may be reached at fabianf1971@yahoo.com
i am hoping to make her more stable and add more weight in the center, but my battery banks are there now.
i really wish to add more weight. i have moved some weighty items to the midship area, aircond and generator.
sails , which consist of genoa( still fwd v berth) and a cruising gennaker( placed midship now)

for the ground tackle , i ahve 30m - 8mm chain , 70 m ropes. intend to change the rope to chain? any thoughts?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I would re-consider replacing rope with chain unless there is some unusual anchoring conditions that require more chain. You appear to have plenty of chain. I would look at your anchor type for adequacy in the conditions you plan to anchor first.

My Hunter 386 and now Hunter 46 have no problem with extra weight given the conditions we sail in and they ride balanced front to back and side to side.

Oct 20, 2017
Hunter Legend 37.5 langkawi
Thks SF.
i would appreciate we can share some contact details - maybe good to whatapp or email as you hv been using Hunters for some time.
i am preparing my HUnter for ocean crossings to begin in 2022.

rgds

Fabian