Wednesday is Photo Day - Spring is on the way

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
She sure looks to have figured out the season. Now you get to introduce her to chocolate.
So much fun.
Grand daughters are a hoot, while this one is a couple of years older now she is still a sparkle in my eye.

And.......

That would be a heck of a place for a Great Egg hunt...... holy smokes!
Mark

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
March, last year...
IMG_0300.JPG

March this year...but at least I have my own boat now. Gonna miss the BVI trips for a few years.
IMG_1251.JPG

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Spring break in Moab, Utah - we did a 4 hour stand up paddle / float trip on the Colorado River. It was pretty amazing.

Not all of it was "stand up" or even "paddle" for my daughter who decided to chill and be towed for a while.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Not all of it was "stand up" or even "paddle" for my daughter who decided to chill and be towed for a while.
Smart daughter. Must've gotten her smarts from her mom. They had to come from somewhere. ;-)

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Yeah, I don't understand SUPs. 5 minutes standing will have me looking for a comfortable seat, and I'd rather have a root canal than stand in line at the DMV.

So why is it "recreation" to stand on a board and paddle with the least possible leverage in the most awkward possible position?

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
It's very good to exercise your core, because you have to constantly battle for balance with lousy leverage. LOL
You need to think of it as exercise not leisure.

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
With my lower back issues SUP is actually much better than paddling a canoe. I can stand, kneel, or sit while I paddle. Plenty of leverage if you have the properly sized paddle. It's also a blast in the surf! Here's a kid that my kids grew up with in Hawaii. He's much better than me on a SUP board :).