Weblog for a Taswell 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaptCam

Life aboard a Taswell This is an exceptional cutter rigged sailboat. There are many systems to maintain. Nothing is without purpose or function. Within the blog pages we'll keep this Taswell 43 afloat and looking good! Visit and see what project we are working on. CaptCam

Feb 9, 2004
- - -
Thanks CaptCam

Thanks for sharing your blog! I own TW43#26 and am in the process of outfitting for an eventual extensive cruise. There is some good info at another owner's site (www.taswell43.com), as well as the out of date www.rainsong.net. I hope to get a something online detailing my upgrades one of these days. I look forward to "meeting" other Taswell owners! Best, Trevor S/V Lea Scotia 1989 Taswell 43 #26 Seattle, WA

C

CaptCam

Thankyou Trevor

Looking forward to hearing yabout your projects. You might check Isle of Sail (isleofsail.org) for some other usefull info. You might like to post some of your stories there. Yes, I saw "Ricka" pages. Interesting, but seems he did not spend enough time out there, IMHO if course. CaptCam

D

dwane

Nice Blog...gotta a question..

I'm a new owner of a Taswell 43..Hull 41..s/v RedJack, presently berthed in Grand Bahama. Question is, how did you remove the original bilge pump? It's a long way down there.

Feb 9, 2004
- - -
Bilge Pump Blues

Hi Dwane - Congratulations on the boat! Regarding the bilge pump, I am having the same problem. You should see a stainless bar mounted in the front of the engine compartment which extends down into the depth of the bilge under the engine - the bilge pump "should" be attached to it. I say should, because I mine wasn't. I pulled up the bar and nothing was there. I can just barely see the bilge pump down there but haven't managed to get it pulled up so I can replace it - it stopped working! I suppose I'll just have to shrink and squeeze down there to get it - I've tried a boathook but it doesn't move much with the hose attached. If anyone has any other ideas, please share! Weldome

Status
Not open for further replies.