Weather Forecast is depressing me!

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
It's been a long summer of lots of work and not much sailing.
I took a personal day from work this coming Friday so we could tow the boat up north and get one last weekend of sailing in before it snows. Reservations made - all is ready. We've done this the last couple of years and had great weather in early October.

The weather this whole week before we get there looks great - the forecast for the weekend:
highs in the mid 40s, rain, 20mph wind.

I don't think my wife is going on the boat with me in those conditions - in fairness I'm not sure I'd enjoy it either. There are plenty of good wineries in northern Michigan - we probably won't be at a loss for something to do.

Sunday looks better, but it's too last to switch the personal day to Monday. We'll have time for a quick morning day sail and get it back on the trailer for the trip home.

Next step might be to start looking for alternative locations - weather looks a little better to the south or the west of us.
but not much.

Oh well - just grousing a little.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Meanwhile, from the Wet Coast of Canada and land of perpetual rains :

1664819494971.png

We are expecting 40-50 days of continuous, non stop rain to make up for this.

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
@Ralph Johnstone

That looks amazing! I've always wanted to sail in the San Juan Islands, I took the ferry boat from Anacortes WA to Orcas Island once and thought it would be a great place to have a small sailboat. It's a bit of a drive from Michigan for a 3 day weekend - but it looks great - I hope you have time to enjoy it this weekend.

I would gladly pay the rain toll.