WC Holding tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
My WC holding tank needs replacing as its got a small leak. Its a bag type. I have another bag which came with the boat when I purchaed it a few weeks ago. The only thing is that the new bag has only one moulded in connection. Does anyone know if I can add otherconnections sucessfully? Having said all that, I would much prefere to put a rigid one in there, does anyone know the maximum size I can put in through the v-berth access hatch? thanks

Sep 6, 2005
- - Grand Prairie, Tx. Joe Pool Lake
What size Boat?

Well I just read and article in one of the boat repair mags. It showed that you could relocate the fittings quite easily. Where you get them I would not know... that being said My S299 has a 2 foot by 2 foot triangular opening(my best guess) and I would guess you could make it larger if needed.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Check the Ronco Plastics catalog

They make TOP quality plastic tank for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes to choose from--over 100 of which are non-rectangular. And the put fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they mak the tank. Their catalog is here: http://www.ronco-plastics.com If you do end up using the bladder (which is not recommended for waste holding), you'll have to install TWO new fittings...one of which has to be a vent line fitting. You can't use an unvented bladded to hold sewage...CG regs require that all waste holding tanks be vented to the outside of the boat.

D

DJ McCabe

9 gal holding tank

I've recently outfitted my S299 with a new head and holding tank system. I used a ridged 9 gal holding tank and moved the pumpout up next to the anchor locker and vented the HT into the anchor locker. I did add a subfloor in the area under the v-berth to give it a flat surface the sit on...

Status
Not open for further replies.