Wax or Vertglas Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nathan Clark

We want to clean and apply the Vertglas systam to the deck. Has anyone put this product or any other product on the deck area. Do not want to cause a safety hazard but want to retain a sealed deck and a good look after cleaning. Thanks, Nathan Clark 1986 H34 'Brothers' Dream'

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Skating on the Non-skid..

Nathan, I wax the hull and deck on my 90 V32, but for the last six years, have used a poly on the non skid since I don't want to use a wax on it. The poly holds up well and does not get slick. It doesn't get quite as glossy as wax, but for non-skid, it doesn't matter. I think it is New Glass. I recently have seen a wax advertised for non-skid surfaces. RD

C

Craig

vertglas?

Does boat us or west marine carry this vertglas product?

J

John Blakely

Vertglas on a deck a mistake

Nathan, I have put Vertglas on my boat on the hull, not the deck. several friends have put it on the deck with problematic results. It seems that any suntan lotion that gets on the vertglas, makes a dark grey stain that will not come out without the compounding solution used by Vertglas. It does great on restoring hulls since suntan lotion apparently dilutes in the water. I am going to use 3M Fiberglass One Step Cleaan and Polish on my deck. Other folks in my area, the Chesapeake, have had very good results. I think any number of other polishes are good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.