Water Under Pan Liner

Dec 10, 2003
Hunter 30_88-94 Edmonds, WA
I have a 1990 H30. There is water seeping into the head bulkhead between the head and nave table through the screw holes that hold the bulkhead to the pan liner; this has been going on for three or four years. I recently had a leak in the seawater impeller housing, that flooded the engine pan, then the aft bilge before I got it stopped. The deck section on the port side of the main bilge compartment had also water under the floor board, since there is a half inch weep hole from this section of the pan liner into the main bilge compartment. I sucked all of the water out of the bilge, and lifted the floor panel, and cleaned out that water too. Now, however, I'm certain there is water between the hull and the pan liner.

I read the post on the H34 where an owner drilled large holes through the bilge, which some call a "false bilge" because it is a compartment in the pan liner, and does not allow one to reach the very bottom of hull itself.

I'm tempted to start drilling holes in the stringers of the pan liner to let any water between the liner and the hull drain. The H34 post is an older model, so I'm not sure if the design is the same.

Has anyone done this? H30 through 36 in the 1988-94 era should be the same design.

Thanks!