water tank port side under settee

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phil

does anyone know how to get at the port water tank ? no screws or at least not many on the seat. does it slide back after you take out a few screws ?

J

Jeff Jones

Many screws

The port water tank can be accessed by removing the settee seat base. To remove the base, you must remove all the visible screws around the perimeter of the base support (edges) plus the screws located behind the seat back going downward through the 1"x1" oak strips. I also had two stainless screws located under the oak strips going through the seat base into fiberglass, requiring a little flexing of the seat back to access them. Finding these two screws, not removing them, was the hardest part… It's not too hard to remove the base, but you may need more than a #2 Phillips. I found a ratchet with a Phillips driver a plus. Jeff Escapade '85 34

J

Jerry Keto

Cut new access cover

My Hunter 34 port tank became a bildge filler and had to be replaced. Just take a jig saw and cut a new access cover (about 20" X 30"). Cut out old tank, install strips under 4 edges of cut out to support your new cover, and replace with 20 gallon Todd tank available at Boat US, West or Defender. Works like a champ (for better taste replace fill & vent line while your in there)

B

Bruce

just did it

Just did my H34 this weekend. It was a puzzle to get to. There are the 3 screws next to the nav table, screws inside the storage area under the shelf, in the bulkhead next to the head sink, inside the two storage accesses next to the tank, and the hardest was two metal brackets that are inaccessable and inside by the tank. I had to just pry it open there with a screwdriver. What a pain, but you can get the top off without having to use a saw. Any question, gimme a shout - bchase3@aol.com. Now how to repair the tank! Any ideas there?

Status
Not open for further replies.