Water retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad James

Has anyone developed a solution for water drainage over or through the toe rail in the aft quarter, on my Hunter 33 it just pools.

Aug 11, 2006
Hunter H260 Traverse City
Water pooling

Mine did as well. I simply drilled a 5/16" hole (just because it's the largest bit I have) through the toerails right at deck level at the lowest point of water collection. Now it drains fairly efficiently and there is only an occasional bit of water left over which a sponge take cares of in one pass.

H

Henry Weber

water pooling aft by toe rails

Have a H30 77. Water pools in exactly the same place. As George suggested, a few holes drilled through the rail help. But I find that they plug up easily with dirt. Still searching for something better. HW

S

Sam Lust

Water spots

My 33 of course does the same thing. More of an annotance than anything else. My intent, when the dust settles from the current rash of projects is to let flush through-hulls into the low spot on the side decks, and run it out through hulls in the topsides. Fairly simple and if done right not a real big deal. Even more annoying on mine is a puddle that forms in a low spot at the forward end of the cockpit sole. Every time I board the boat I forget about it, step in it, and track water around the boat. Again, when time becomes available I figure on filling it with a filled epoxy slurry.

T

Terry Arnold

cockpit pools too

My 79 H33 pools water at the forward end of the cockpit too. since Sam's 83 does, evidently it is a problem that Hunter ignored over a number of years, or could it be gradual structural creep under the duress of standing rigging? Anyway, if you come up with a good fix, Sam, I would like to hear what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.