Water inside hull (bilge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Petersen

I have just purchased a 1993 MacGregor 26 Water-ballasted boat and had some problem with water getting into the hull when sailing the boat agressively. It seems to be splashing up thru the tube that the centerboard cable runs thru. Putting a cork into the tube with a small hole to accomadate the cable seems to have solved the problem but I wonder if there is an underlying structural problem, or does the water often splash up thru this tube? Thanks for you advice.

C

Charles Bailey

I have a 1993 Mac 26 as well. My centerboard line actually ripped a big hole through the fiberglass in the cabin when I backed over something (I still don't know what). Anyway, even with that big hole, I have never seen any water coming up there, and I've been sailing pretty vigorously since last May when I acquired it. I'm also getting ready to pull the boat out of the water and do some repairs and modifications to it. Drop me a line at greatbigcharlie@onlinemac.com if you want to keep in touch and share information on the boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.