Water coming from head

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 45 Deck Salon Cumming, Ga
I have a plastic spacer between the head and motor that pumps out the head. There is a slot on the bottom side of the plastic piece that is leaking when any liquid is put into the bowl of the head. Motor seems fine and is working.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I have a plastic spacer between the head and motor that pumps out the head.
It sounds like you're describing the bowl gasket. It's rubber and rubber does eventually dry out. So I think a new one should solve your problem. If you can give me the make/model/age of the toilet, I can give you a link to the owners manual that includes an exploded drawing and parts list so you'll know what to order.

--Peggie

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The part # -74001-2852- in your first photo tells me it's a replacement motor for a Jabsco 37045, 37245, 37075 & 37275 Series macerating electric toilet. It's obvious in your 4th photo that it's what's leaking.

The 37045 and the 37245 are "Quiet Flush" toilets still in production...I can't even find the 37075 or 27275 in Jabsco's current list of toilets, so I can't even guess how old it is (I'm guessing it's at least 20 yrs old) nor whether that part is JUST the motor or a pump/motor assembly..making it all but impossible for me to know whether it can be repaired or whether you'll have to replace it.

So I'm gonna send you to Jabsco's toilet guru Paul Campagna to solve this one. His direct line is 978.282.5246 Email him at Paul.campagna@xyleminc.com

The good news is, if replacement is the only cure, you should be able to find a complete pump/motor assembly for about $150, which is a lot less than a new toilet.

--Peggie