Water Ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hank Bartosik

Water Ballast can be a drag when motoring in calm waters with the mast in the down/storage position. We had to motor to our launching ramp after our two week stay in the Lake George area this past summer. What we did was d-mast at the beach-motel area so that the Mac could be motored to a lauch area that didn't welcome sailboats as they interfer with their launching traffic. So I thought that if I could also launch it and get it out of the way quickly without hanging around for ten or so minutes while I let in water, I could easily motor it away. Has anyone any advice on the subject? Mind you, the mast isn't up so there is no tipsy tendency. Contact me at h.Bartosi@att.net Thanks, Hank

M

Mike

Why do you need to hang out at the ramp?

Why do you need to hang out at the launch ramp while you are taking on water in your ballast tank? Your boat is totally safe to motor with or without ballast. It isn't safe to sail without ballast. If I reading your post correctly, you can put in and motor away from the ramp and let in ballast as you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.