Waste pump out odor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2012
Que Dia Es Ericson30+ San Carlos Mexico
When I pump out my holding tank, it smells the boat up for a day. Is there a leak in a hose. There is no waste leaking anywhere but the odor is disgusting. Could the pump itself be leaking air and if so, is there a replacement pump availible?

fred w

Feb 22, 2012
I haven't had this issue yet, but try locating vent tube. It should come off of top. Make sure it is attached and not pluged where it exits hull.
Good luck maybe someone else has a thought.

Mar 18, 2012
I am cleaning up the sanitation system on my Ericson 32 after years of neglect by previous owners. First check the holding tank vent ( somewhere topsides). These small vents are often clogged with old spider nests and such. Then make sure none of the connections to the tank leak. Older systems had (disgusting) recirculating lines back to the head instead of using a raw water intake for flush water. And old hoses will allow odors through even if they don't leak. If the hose from the head or to the cleanout have never been replaced, then you gotta think about biting the bullet and doing so. Unfortunately, good sanitation hose ain't cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.