Wanted: Hunter Legend 35.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Hamburger

Hello, I am looking for a Hunter Legend 35.5 or Hunter Legend 37.5 sailboat to purchase. Prferably on or near Lake Ontario, Canada. If you have one for sale, or something very similar, please contact my email address. Thank you, Dave Hamburger Kingston Canada dave@biomed.queensu.ca

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
reminder

Please us the email address provided and do not post boats for sale in the forums. Thanks! ph.

B

Bill

Used boats

With all due respect to this web site, first look here under boats for sale. Then go to www.yachtworld.com and you should find some prospects.

B

Bob Willett

I know of a cherry 35.5

A friend my want to sell his boat. It is on a lake in arkansas

D

Dave Hamburger

Still looking

Hello Again, I am still looking for a Legend 35.5 for sale on lake Ontario or nearby. To be clear, please only respond by email directly to dave@biomed.queensu.ca DO not post boats for sale here. Thank you to everyone who suggested I try looking in the boat for sale area of these web pages. Unfortunately, most of these boats are geographically very far from my location in Kingston Canada. The closer ones I am already in contact with. In addition, I have visited yachtworld, ORCA, Boat4Sale, and many other reliable sailboat sales web site. I have also visited the web sites, emailed and telephoned every broker in a 300 mile radius in anticipation of something coming available. Thank you all for your suggestions in this regard...I have it covered. The purpose of my posting here, on this excellent web site, is to ask you...the HUNTER owners... is YOUR boat for sale ? Or maybe there is a Hunter Legend 35.5 for sale at your club, not yet advertised, or perhaps for sale privately ? I am reaching out to the people, looking for my "dreamboat". This site allowed me to study the history, layouts, reviews and prices of all the Hunter models.... based on this, and comparing to other makes, I have chosen the Legend 35.5, preferable 1990-91 as the right boat for me. I am not a rich man, so this is a choice made carefully after much consideration. So, I am hoping that someone out there knows of a Legend 35.5 for sale, not too far from Kingston Canada, preferably a fresh water boat in Canadian dollars, which I can buy for a fair market price (around $100,000 cdn). I thank you all for your interest, and I will check my email frequently for that one email which will lead me to sailing bliss and happiness. And finally, if you have read this far, you might consider Kingston and the thousand islands as a sailing destination this summer! The thousand islands are a great cruising area...plenty of secure anchorages, park islands, small town marinas with great services... thermal winds of 15-20 knot winds by day, fading each evening for quiet anchoring. In short, great sailing. If you do come, drop by confederation basin marina and look for a Legend 35.5 and say HI...maybe I'll have found my dreamboat by then. Regards from Canada, Dave Hamburger Kingston

G

Gerald McCombs

Truck It In

Don't worry about where the H35.5 is located...find the one you want at your price and have it delivered to you. Our club is located in a remote area in South Louisiana and we have had several used boats purchased in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale Florida area and delivered by tractor-trailer rig with the last one being a Freedom 36 purchased in Ft. Lauderdale last year which was a 1100 mile trip.

K

Kim Ramey

Truck it in?

I'm curious about trucking a 35' boat. What about insurance; who is responsible for lifting the boat onto the trailer; removing it; do you pay by the mile or what? How much for a typical 35' transport? I've heard about and seen boats being transported great distances across country, but I've never talked to anyone with actual experience. I would appreciate any comments. Thanks, Kim Ramey

C

Claude L.-Auger

Trucking it in

I have had 2 boats transported: First in 97 my 28.5 from Montreal to Biloxi, MS (Cost $2,500 CDN), then last year my new (to me !) 34 from Havre de Grace, MD to Montreal (Cost $1,750 CDN). You are generally for preparing the boat for transportation (un-stepping mast, haul-out, securing gear, etc). The transport company is responsible for securing all permits and making sure of clearances (bridges, overpass, etc). When dealing with a reputable company, the boat is insured from the moment it gets on the truck to the moment it is off-loaded at your boatyard. At that point, you should already have arranged for insurance. Dave, I agree with Gerard, find your dreamboat wherever she's at. If you restrict it to 300 miles from Kingston (you are right it is beautiful), you may wait for years before you get one at the right price. Find it then make an offer within your budget, pending survey ! Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.