Votre voilier est-il un bistro?

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Plus the top doubles as a trivet, so really it's a great choice. At least that's what I told myself while I was buying it...
Crikey, I never even thought of that. :)

We have a bunch of it picked up at yard sales. I've had to replace a few wooden handles but the Le creuset pots and pans, no matter how old, seems to have no end of use.

Pantry 2 (1 of 1).jpg

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Back to cooking and Catboats(Thx Mr. Fox), an elaborate galley in a 24' Catboat built at Arey's Pond on Cape Cod.

This is LIBELLULE's galley photographed by Tyler Fields, a marine photog from down that way.

Yep, 24'! Check it out.

Full gimballed marine stove located athwartship to allow use underway. Good deep sink aft, ample work space counter forward Immense storage below and standing headroom for the cook all in 24'. There is a reefer in the cockpit, good choice in a boat of 24'

The copper saucepan should give away, that this boat was designed and built for a cook.

Libellule .jpg

Mr Fox

Aug 31, 2017
Marshall 22 Portland, ME
Oh that's a beautiful galley. Marshal's like mine are examples of excellent craftsmanship, but those Arey's Pond boats are works of art. Galley has same layout but mine is smaller, and being a Marshal one cooks while sitting on the step to the cockpit!

Also yes the origo stove is awesome. So simple to use, nothing to break, and it just works!

Last edited:
May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
............................................................. and oatmeal is easier to make than a fresh salad :)

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
My friend sent a pic of that same boat from the Newport boat show this summer, sure is pretty- but man all that wood looks like a lot of work!!
She's a beauty. Don't worry the brightwork. I've never known someone to commission a new boat from a builder who planned to maintain it themselves. :)

Nov 18, 2016
Hunter 260 Lucky Peak, ID
Wow - great thread. We enjoy eating on the clorox bottle trailer sailer.

Usually set two pots prior to the hook. (Gulf Islands.)

1669059925074.png

Occasionally will strap on a small smoker.

1669060041507.png

Lake Powell prime.

1669060153609.png

Doubles as an oven (breakfast biscuit casserole).

1669060349123.png

More traditional stovetop.
1669060601322.png

Have also packed a dutch oven (but need land).

1669060746820.png

Yum.