Volvo Penta MD11C exhaust question

waltm

Jul 31, 2007
- - Bristol, RI
Hi folks, I'm just about set to buy a 1979 Pearson 323 and with any boat this age comes a lot of projects. One that I'm a little concerned about is the exhaust elbow that needs replacing. Every picture I see online that is for this engine is a different style that appears longer and with slightly less of an angle. I've heard that parts for the Volvos may be hard to find but when I don't even see this style in any parts diagrams I start to worry a little.

Was is just a change of style over time or something particular to this model boat? Did someone just use a plumbing elbow for the exhaust at some point? Would anyone know what this particular elbow is and be willing to point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

waltm

Jul 31, 2007
- - Bristol, RI
Thanks, that is one of the places I found, but it is the same style I have seen other places and in the exploded diagrams that doesn't seem to match what this boat has, unless I'm missing something obvious. They also don't have the bolt on fitting that would be needed to attach the water hose. I haven't seen that fitting in stock anywhere.

Attachments