Virtual Store

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
If you have ever wondered what the Defender Warehouse store looks like, they just launched a virtual store. It's like a Google Maps street view. Walk around the store, look at the shelves check out what the product looks like. Cool.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
One of the benefits of Corona Virus Lockdown. Staff have too much time on their hands. They can try out new things. Or complete a project that someone thought up during a Fun Friday meeting.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Funny though as Defender was once a business that one would call a number to ask for an item and a runner would go to check in the bin if they had any of those. Then they would take your information and send the item! They were very slow to adapt to modern communications, but now it looks like they are leading.

Jan 11, 2014
Funny though as Defender was once a business that one would call a number to ask for an item and a runner would go to check in the bin if they had any of those. Then they would take your information and send the item! They were very slow to adapt to modern communications, but now it looks like they are leading.
There was a day when Defender had great prices and sometimes the order would actually arrive. But that was nearly 40 years ago. :yikes:

Defender has been working on upgrading its website over the past year. Some subtle and not so subtle changes. I hear there are more changes in the pipeline.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
There was a day when Defender had great prices and sometimes the order would actually arrive. But that was nearly 40 years ago. :yikes:

Defender has been working on upgrading its website over the past year. Some subtle and not so subtle changes. I hear there are more changes in the pipeline.
That's about right. I remember buying a CQR from them back then and when it showed up the packaging was destroyed and the anchor was obviously a knock-off. They accepted the return, paid for the shipping, and sent me a real one. They have always been a great consumer's company...

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Never had any issues, always received items in reasonable time and their sale prices are pretty good. I Continue to order from them.

Jan 11, 2014
Never had any issues, always received items in reasonable time and their sale prices are pretty good. I Continue to order from them.
The issues @Rick486 and I were talking about are ancient history. This is back in the day of Goldberg's Marine, E&B, and West Marine was operating out of Randy Repass's garage. Their service and customer support is top notch today. Second only to the SBO store, except they are 300 miles from home, not 2500 miles. :)