VHF antenna deck connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lisa Barnett

VHF Antenna connectors: I want to install deck connectors, one at the wire end, the other on the deck. The boat has RG 8/U coax cable. According to Cataline @ Foredeck, their connectors work exclusively on RG58U cable. Is there another VHF marine radio distributor that I can contact. I don't want to continue sealing the deck each stepping of the mast. Thank you, Lisa

P

Peter

vhf wiring

I faced the same problem in wiring a VHF for my C22. West Marine had an inexpensive through-deck fitting, called a "cable grip", that has worked just fine. This fitting is mounted on the deck and has a compression gasket that squeezes against the wire as you tighten it. So far, no leaks. I remove the entire length of coaxial cable when I dismast because I take the mast entirely off the boat for storage, but I do not need to add sealer or caulk for the reinstallation. Of course, when I mounted the fitting, I sealed it to the deck with sealer, but that was a one-time job. I'd ask for a chrome over brass fitting as opposed to the plastic ones. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.