VHF antenna cable deck replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjsiega

MY VHF radio antenna cable broke from where it comes out of the mast and goes into the deck, luckily there is a connection there, so the part of the cable in the mast is ok, now I just have to replace the part that goes from the deck to the VHF. But there's no way to get to it?!?!? How do you access the VHF cable inside the deck/cabin on a Seafarer 26???? Many thanks for any info on this.

-Mark

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
I have installed 4" to 8" round white inspection covers in areas of my cabin interior where I need to access plumbing or wiring. The bottom line is you need access to the space between the inner and outer shell of the cabin. At least do it in a way that does not look back and allows for easy future access if needed. I used a Drimel to cut the hole because I can control the depth of the cutting bit. After purchasing the inspection cover use the mounting ring for a template. Cut a small 1" to 2" hole first and then try to determine if there is any wiring in the area. If you set the Drimel depth to just the thickness of the fiberglass you shouldn't have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.