Vertiglass anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Al Brito

Looking for information on a product called Vertiglas (s). How good is it? Where can it be purchased? Any tips on use - results? Appreciate any information from somebody that's tried it. As usual - thanks in advance, looking to return the favor. Al Brito S/V Showtime

elle

Sep 13, 1996
Rhodes 22 Northern Neck of Virginia
Hull finishes

Practical Sailor did a series of tests of these clear hull finishes and published their results within the last 18 months or so. I do not have the issue at hand but can find it if necessary. After reading the article we elected to use PolyGlo, and we have been pleased to date with the product. Laura s/v SaLi

T

Tim Op't Holt

Happy w/Vertglas

I used Vertglas and the hull looks new. It is a 3-step process: clean the hull with some stuff like softscrub ( to remove any oxidation or stains), wash the hull with stuff like simple green (to remove the grit), then apply the sealer with a special applicator. It all comes in a kit from Boat US. It can also be ordered from Marinestore.com. I recommend it. I did mine while the boat was out of the water. I was able to apply 5 coats to both sides and 6 coats to the stern with 1 quart ($50). A friend did his while in the water. He stood on a raft. You put on a full coat. By the time you are back to where you started, it's dry. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.