Venting '94 26s lazerette

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerry

As anyone installed a ventalation system on the 1994 Mac 26s storage locker? This boat does not have the port and starboard sides of a 26D to accomodate small 4" clam shell vent/cowl covers. I've considered solar vents on the laz hatch cover to circulated air, but I worry it won't move gas fumes that settle to the bottom. Thanks! -Jerry

B

Bob Cassel

Check my webpage for how to...

vent the laz. I've done it on mine with cowl vents into the side and I've seen in done from the top. I used a 2 1/2 inch hole saw and the 3" clam shell vents. You can get adapters that allow you to thread the hose onto them after they are screwed to the inside of the cowling clam shells. I also installed a floor, so you can see that I took the inlet two thirds of the way down and the outlet under the floor. I don't have gas vapors in my cabin or in the laz, even after fueling or a minor spill. http://www.macgregor-boats.com/sailaway3.html

S

Steve Shenkel

Powered Vent

I have a 95, 26S. My solution was to provide a inlet cowl vent on the rear starbard gunnel and an outlet in the motor well. The vent in the motor well had a 3" flange from which I ran vent hose down to a bilge blower mounted under the floorboard of the floor I made for the rear laserette. With this, I can force vent the laserette any time I choose. While I was at it, I installed a 12 gallon internal tank in the laserette under the motor well. With this I could fill from outside without any concern of spilling or introducing any fumes while connecting or disconnecting the gas line. Additionally, I put a propane/gasoline detector in the cabin for an extra measure of safety. Don't know how well this detector works, but it gets pretty excited about insect repellant. Hope this helps. Steve Shenkel

Status
Not open for further replies.