Venting 3 compartments at once

Aug 7, 2023
catalina catalina 320 norwalk
Through a deck fitting. How else?
that was my original plan but I could not see a way to get a 3 inch air duct up to a deck fitting/vent that looked acceptable. what I have done instead is cut a hole in the wall between the battery/holding tank locker and the bathroom and put a fan there blowing air into the bathroom which will then vent outside through the existing hatch in the bathroom. downside is I will have to keep the bathroom hatch slightly open for the system to work but all in all a great way to vent bilge, batteries , holding tank ,sanitation hoses, and bathroom.

• Ha

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
In essence you turned your head into a piece of ductwork that will contain the foulest of all odors on your boat. :laugh:

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
In essence you turned your head into a piece of ductwork that will contain the foulest of all odors on your boat. :laugh:
Yep, and it does nothing to deal with the real problem, smelly hoses and bad battery charging. But it was cheap!

Aug 7, 2023
catalina catalina 320 norwalk
well I hope not. At 60 ft.³ CFM any odors should be so diluted as to be undetectable.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
And now for something completely different. Guy walks in to a hardware store and asks for a rubber hammer and a box of glass nails. The store clerk says"Sorry we are fresh out but I do have a prop wash remover"!:banghead: