Vamos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2010
Ranger 28 Tall Rig Maurepaus
Greetings Ranger owners! I am on plans to take possession of Vamos, a Ranger 28 Tall Rig that was previously stationed in Fort Worth at the Yacht club there. The owner is a good friend of mine and he would rather me have the boat than for it to sit there and rot. He will have all the work done to it (I hope to get there and help him some) before it hits the road on a borrowed trailer. From what I am seeing, it is going to be an awesome boat, will require a little bit more work to be in top condition again. And ready to use Lake Ponchartrain as it's rampaging ground.

My first order of business is to find a slip for it, but as a lot of us know, New Orleans is pretty booked up since Katrina damaged the Municipal Marina that most owners have to move their boats elsewhere. Hopefully, they will have the rebuilding done this year according to their website. Worse case is I have to dry dock it until a slip becomes available. Maybe some folks here may have a tip/line on a slip somewhere that I can lease/borrow until a slip is ready. I will even go up Lake Maurepaus to the blind river diversion canal if I can find one there.

Scott, the owner of Vamos is an expert yacht repairman/customizer and is going to make sure Vamos is ready for her new owner.

Looking for tips on slips, places to sail and stories to hear. I will start posting pics and news of our happenings as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.