V-Berth Cussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Max

We are requesting any suggestions at to how to compensate for the rather thin cussion thickness that MacGregor provides. We cruised Lake Powell for the past week and everything was great, except for the mattress thickness in the V-berth. Thankyou, Max

W

Woody

Yes, they are thin.

I haven't slept on mine yet, but the previous owner had one of those egg crate type bed pads under mine that you can pick up cheap at most drug stores. I am going to throw another pad on top of that and cover it with nice linen and my blanket. I have the same thing in my camper, and had a air mattress in there, but it would be tough to find something to fit I think. How about it people? How do we get comfortable in there? I'll bet a little fan is a must.

J

Jamie Shreeves

Egg Cusion is the way to go

I had a little 21 foot sailboat and got a queen sized egg crate and cut it to fit. That's seems to be the best cost to benefit option. Another option is to get the cushions redone at a local place. I am having my seat cushions replaced with firm foam and the canvas also replaced. It's not the cheapest way to go but if you replace the foam with firmer foam it will definitely improve your situation.

A

arizaj

New cushions make it nice

I have the same issue with my MacGregor25. First thing I did was take the old cushions out to an upolstery friend and asked if they could make some new ones for the v-berth, since we'd be sleeping on them. I got to pick out a nice material that will wear much better than the original and I now have an extra thin set to put on top of the new ones so when everyone stores stuff on top of it, my sleeping quarters won't get all ruined! BTW, we are going to Powell in two weeks. How was the sailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.