Used mast for a Hunter 23 wing keel

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Good afternoon,
@tomoncapeced just joined the forum but advises there is a waiting period before he can post. I spoke with him and he is a veteran too. He is looking for a used Kenyon Isomat mast. He lives up in the northeast. Any suggestions are welcomed as I told him I would post his request. I would appreciate that. Thank you

Crazy Dave Condon

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Not sure how you got my email but please go through the forum privat messages. I no longer receive messages thru my email.
Got your pictures but I am confused as to which boat. Is the boat a 23 with a fixed keel or a 23.5 water ballast. The mfg plate indicates a Z Spar mast.

the mast is history or toast. You cannot apply two steel pieces for repairs. It would be unsafe.
Pvt message being sent

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Tom sent me extra pictures. The boat is definitely a Hunter 23 wing keel, 1990 model with a Z spar mast, not a Kenyon Isomat mast. I do recall the last year the 23 had switched to Z Spar. The poster lives in the northeast. Does anyone recommend a used sailboat parts dealer whom he can go to realizing freight is not cheap?

he has the contact information if he wants to order a new mast from the forum store or from US Spars. @tomoncapeced

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
There is a Hunter 23 rudder and wing keel from a salvaged boat just posted in the classifieds on this site- might want to check with that seller in Ohio.

Aug 25, 2014
Hunter 25.5 Boston
I live in Boston and have an aluminum mast (I=21'), deck mounted, from a 20' Universal montego, boom (E=8.5')as well. Might be undersized for your needs. I have sails that match the mast & boom (2 years old) before we moved up in boat size.

You should also try Continental Marine in Weymouth, MA. Largest used parts supplier in Boston, MA area.

Last edited: