Upgrade Cabin Fabric Curtains

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
Seeking Hunter 240 curtains in any condition to use for pattern. Used boat came without them.

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Yes, my 240 had the exact same curtains from the factory. My 260 had them also, but the P.O. removed them, and only the track remains.

Jun 12, 2021
Yes, my 240 had the exact same curtains from the factory. My 260 had them also, but the P.O. removed them, and only the track remains.
I'm in the same situation and my wife is pushing me to get new ones.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@patbratton
I thought you were referring to window curtains. Yes there were privacy curtains on your 240 as forward privacy for the head and forward V Berth. You may want to see if they are offered at the forum store Sorry for the confusion

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
If you need the hooks for the curtains, Sailrite sells those kinds of fittings that will work on most marine tracks.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I've no idea where to get used curtains for your boat. But in the past I've put on curtains without patterns. Does your Hunter have the attachments for the curtains? I'd start there looking at either what the boat has for attachments or figuring out how I was going to attach the curtains. I've usually had to start from scratch that way. Then it's a process of measuring lengths, widths and incorporate the attachment system. When measuring dimensions, keep in mind the added material for seaming requirements.

Good luck.

dj

Jun 12, 2021
I've no idea where to get used curtains for your boat. But in the past I've put on curtains without patterns. Does your Hunter have the attachments for the curtains? I'd start there looking at either what the boat has for attachments or figuring out how I was going to attach the curtains. I've usually had to start from scratch that way. Then it's a process of measuring lengths, widths and incorporate the attachment system. When measuring dimensions, keep in mind the added material for seaming requirements.

Good luck.

dj
I have the two foot high curtain in the back end of the aft cabin under the cockpit. From the photos I have seen the pinch pleats are the same. I have measured the opening for the cabin curtains but this only gives me the length, not the width to allow for pleats. Attache drawing shows area to be covered.
Huther 240 Curtain Area.jpg

Jun 12, 2021
If you need the hooks for the curtains, Sailrite sells those kinds of fittings that will work on most marine tracks.
I found the slide for the curtain track at Sailrite. They are good people. I have the two foot high curtain, located in the back end of the aft cabin under the cockpit. From the photos I have seen, the pinch pleats are the same on the main curtain. I have measured the opening for the cabin curtains but this only gives me the length, not the width to allow for pleats. Attache drawing shows area to be covered.
Huther 240 Curtain Area.jpg

Mar 7, 2023
Hunter 28.5 Savannah
My wife made these and the interior had no curtains. I think she did a great job. The v-birth curtains are hung with a line with a hook in the center to keep it from bowing. The curtains on the side ports help keep privacy.
C9C7A4C9-F749-466A-954F-A4B5B6A200D1.jpeg

• Helpful

JBP-PA

Apr 29, 2022
Jeanneau Tonic 23 Erie, PA
I'm trying this curtain track that is lower profile than the traditional marine curtain track.

Jun 12, 2021
I'm trying this curtain track that is lower profile than the traditional marine curtain track.
That is a beautiful cabin!